Canstruction Columbus // The Columbus Arts Festival June 10-12th
2016 TEAM REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Download the Call for Entries and registration form here to get started! Be sure to submit your registration by March 25, 2016.
“Canstruction® is a unique charity which hosts competitions, exhibitions and events showcasing colossal structures made out of full cans of food. After the structures are built, the cansculptures® go on display to the public as a giant art exhibition. At the end of the event, all food is donated to local hunger relief organizations.
Recognized for our commitment to innovation, hunger relief and collaboration, our work has helped raise nearly 30 million pounds of food since 1992. Canstruction® events are held annually in over 150 cities around the world including North America, Australia, South America, Europe and Asia.
Canstruction Columbus 2016 will be held during the Columbus Arts Festival June 10-12 on the Scioto Riverfront.
The build will take place June 10th. Exact location on the Scioto Waterfront is still being determined. The structures will be on display until the end of the festival on June 12. All canned food will be donated to Mid-Ohio Foodbank at the conclusion of the event.
We are now accepting team applications to face off in the design/build competition and compete for the most coveted titles for Jurors’ Favorite, Structural Ingenuity,Best Use of Labels, Best Meal, People’s Choice and Honorable Mention. Download the Call for Entries and Registration form here.
Last Year’s Participating Teams:
- SchooleyCaldwell/Corna Kokosing/King Business Interiors
- Kokosing Industrial // 2015 Winner: Juror’s Favorite & People’s Choice
- NBBJ / Whiting-Turner // 2015 Winner: Best Meal
- Varo Engineers, Inc. // 2015 Winner: Best Use of Labels
- M+A Architects/Schaefer/Miles McClellan Construction // 2015 Winner: Structural Ingenuity & Most Cans
- BHDP Architecture / Turner Construction // 2015 Winner: Honorable Mention